With over 20 years’ practice in technology law, Genevieve excels in collaborating with clients to deliver optimum products and outcomes.
Genevieve has extensive experience in technology-related law, her speciality over the last 20 years. Her expertise covers a broad spectrum, from product terms to collaborative government agreements and everything in between. Her clients include SaaS companies and both central and local government.
She spent 7 years at Bell Gully, before moving in-house as New Zealand General Counsel for an international technology company and then government with the then Government Technology Services group. She has had her own practice for 10 years, focussing on technology, data and privacy.
Genevieve is the co-founder of a Fintech start-up and holds a number of governance roles. She believes in giving back and supporting women in particular and is currently the Convenor of the Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association.
Her expertise includes:
- assisting clients with the purchase of significant cloud-based technology solutions, including procurement, selection, and contract negotiations;
- drafting the full range of technology-related terms and conditions from licensing agreements, master agreements, cloud service agreements to terms of service and everything in between;
- commercial negotiations including negotiating terms with international technology providers;
- New Zealand privacy;
- assisting clients to navigate international data protection laws;
- assisting in the resolution of disputes relating to technology services and products.